Mike’s Potato au Gratin
“Potatoes and cheese, ’nuff said.”
1 bag McCain frozen diced hash browns
1 can cream of mushroom soup
250ml of sour cream
Grated cheddar cheese
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Mix frozen hash browns, soup, sour cream and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
2. Spread out into an oven-safe casserole dish.
3. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bread crumbs over the top of the entire dish.
4. Bake at 350°F for 60-75 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden.
5. Dig in and enjoy!
Marin’s Pecan Puffs
Light, rich, and completely joy-inducing.
½ cup butter
2-3 tablespoons icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
1 cup finely ground pecans
Optional: ¼ teaspoon almond extract
1. Cream the butter until very soft, then mix in the icing sugar and vanilla.
2. Toss the flour with the finely ground pecans and then blend with the butter mixture. Knead together until well blended.
3. Form the dough into small balls (approx. 1″ round) and place on a baking sheet. These will not spread much, so you can place them about 2″ apart.
4. Bake at 300°F for 40-50 minutes, then remove from oven and roll in a little bit of icing sugar while hot.
5. When cool, roll them once again in the sugar, then enjoy!
Makes about 2-3 dozen cookies.